Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thing #22

I see lots of use for Nings (hooray! I now know what they are) although I have never done one. I can see departments in our school sharing on a Ning. Teachers could set up a Ning for their class projects. From the information given, users say that technical skills are not required to set them up, another good reason for using them. I like the idea that you can make the Ning private or public also.

I really liked the Teacher Librarian Ning. I loved the fact that you could select High School or Elementary librarian. I found some great teaching videos from Joyce Valenza on the Ning. I can’t wait to use them. What a great way to share with colleagues. If I ever make the digital book talks I keep talking about, I’ll share them on the Teacher Librarian Ning.

I also found a Ning for a medical problem that my husband and I are facing.

4 comments:

Blue Eyes blogging said...

You have worked so hard on your blog that I hope you keep it up. I love Naomi Bate's book reviews, and I thought it was wonderful that you approached her for help! She posted a really nice piece on her blog about how she created her reviews. Maybe your questions inspired her to do that. She is also going to be offering some workshops for ESC 20 (San Antonio) on how she does her reviews.

Infomaniac said...

Thank you for your responses--always encouraging. I plan to keep my blog going. I looked at Naomi's blog and saw her helpful instructions.

Ann Williams said...

Hi Infomaniac!
I am not as far along as you are, but now I am dying to read about Nings and experience them. I am now ready for Thing 20 but am worried that it seems difficult. I had so much trouble getting my Rollyo search engine to work--but Lauraann helped me--she is my colleague at Memorial--where we both teach English.
I love your voice and enthusiasm. It is fun to connect with a few kindred spirits online this way!

toughteacher said...

Your blog looks great. Glad to hear you will continue to keep it up.