Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thing #12

1. I loved Cool Cat's observation, "(Commenting) is like having a vote on the topic." When you vote you release power to make a difference. So I think our responses to blogs can add credibility to the writer--or as cited in some of comments--change or modify a writer's point of view. Another point Cool Cat makes is that commenting gives credibility to your own blog. This reminds me that I need to work on my profile. I don't need to give out personal information, but I need to development an identity to connect with readers. The 3rd point I saw that I would like comment on is the book Here Comes Everybody, which observes that technology is changing the way we form groups: "people given tools to do things together without needing traditional organizational structures." What an awesome insight.



2. I am used to responding to my "circle of wise" internet community. There is something in me that wants to respond to someone who has somehow inspired me, taught me something, or showed such a generous spirit that I must send out a response and say, "Hey, I hear you, or thank you, or yes! keep at it, you can do it!" I will continue to keep responding--and try to adhere to those suggestions to be specific, to add knowledge and ideas, to encourage.



3. I will add to this request as I move through the 23 Things experience.

3 comments:

LauraAnn said...

Hi there Infomaniac! Thanks for your posts on my blog (Foolingwithwords).

The name comes from something that I read on Bill Moyers' poetry website: the full quote is "Fooling with words is play for poets."

I have had great fun with the different activities and few technical difficulties other than the whole Shelfari problem.

I hope you have resolved your posting issues - if not, contact one of the captains, VWB especially. She is quick to respond with a solution.

I'll look forward to chatting with you again. Happy blogging!

Infomaniac said...

I was thrilled to receive a comment on my blog. Thank you! I will have to visit Bill Moyers' poetry site. I went back to your blog and found the link to Shelfari. Thank you for providing it. I want to add something like it to my blog. I was going to ask you where you got the image, but when I went back to your blog I saw you had provided a link. Again, thanks!

LauraAnn said...

Just wandering through, following up on some blogs that I have visited in the past. Your blog is coming along nicely...

I hope you are visitng other blogs and making comments: As I approach thing 18 I find myself longing for feedback.

Fortunately, my sister is in the playground too, so I can always count on her for some feedback although we do more over the phone (thank goodness for after 9 p.m. cell phone rates!) than we do on the blog.

Keep up the good work!