Sunday, June 29, 2008

Thing #14

1. I used the advanced search option and typed in the tags area. I found a blog of someone in our Library 2.0. I did not find anything else that I thought was useful to me. The blog directory just led to sites that gave very little useful information. I don't think I understand yet how this search works. Previously, I have read some helpful blogs, but when searching for facts and relevant information within a reasonable time frame, I think I would do better with experts and professionals, as opposed to "the "human experience--raw and uncut."



2. This site was not helpful to me. I did not find helpful information on any of my searches. If I had unlimited time, and the inclination to connect with people I do not know, I might enjoy spending time reading blogs. I think Technorati is beyond my current tech skills too.



3. I attempted to "claim" my blog but the e-mail verification did not work. I did send an e-mail to the contact desk and will wait to see if I hear from them. I still do not understand widgets or pings either--maybe in my next life, this site will make sense to me. I do not see using this site in my library.

No comments: