Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thing #9

The easiest way to find feeds is through lists. Technorati had a blog directory with topics. My favorite site was Edublogs's Award Winners. I couldn't get off this site. I placed many of the blogs in folders on my Google Reader.

The Search tool that was easiest for me was Google Blog search. Bloglines provided helpful sidebars for my searches.

The most confusing was Syndic8. It opened with links such as "XML of syndicated news content," Quality of measurement...," etc. I do not have the technology base that makes this a friendly site for me.

I found so many useful feeds. I added many to my Google Reader: I added Wikispaces: Web Tools and set up a folder of blogs that I want to share with teachers including The Cool Cat Teacher blog. Cool Cat suggests that bloggers register their blog with Technorati. I also enjoyed Vicki Davis' guide to "immerse ourselves in the the circle of the wise." She reminds her readers that "we become like those in (our) circle." The most interesting find for me, however, was Atomic Learning. You can purchase a subscription for Web-based software training available 24/7and other educational resources, but there are many free tutorials for both Mac and PC. I plan to return to this jewel often for the mini tutorials.

To locate news feeds, I would use topix. It has a very busy homepage, but the tabs make it user friendly, and it seemed to have everything.

No comments: