Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thing #5





I plan to use this photo in a booktalk. Getting teens to read is a challenge, but reading is the basis of all we do to learn. I have had great success with booktalks. I want to learn to do digital booktalks with pics and music, and I think Flicker could be helpful. I searched for pictures of haunted houses, castles, and teenagers--I found so many that would work with books to spark student interest as I booktalk. I found cool pictures of castles and haunted houses, but teenagers seem to like pictures of their peers. There is so much in Flicker; I could spend days on this site. I love fd's Flicker Toys too. In fact, when I first went to the site several days ago, I uploaded one of my own pictures that I wanted to give to a friend who is moving away. I personalized the photo with a caption from Locat generator. Then I printed the picture, put it in a frame and gave it to her. I am playing with all of the "toys." What a cool site.

No comments: