Saturday, June 28, 2008

Thing #13

1. I love the idea of social bookmarking. Sharing sites someone thought were good on a subject helps the next person. I found some great ones on the subjects I searched on Del.icio.us.



2. The tags worked well in my professional field. Teachers could use these tags to find lesson plans and other information in their subject.



3. Del.icio.us offers an easy tool to add bookmarks. I also like the fact that you can tag with subject headings and add notes. That you can "carry these bookmarks with you" by logging in at another computer makes it preferrable to just bookmarking on your local browser. This is a great tool for sharing research with classmates. It is an easy tool to teach too. I also liked Furl (although the tutorial is more tedious to watch), and I liked Ma.gnolia, which has a nice, clean interface. I found a great site where teachers can post their class notes so that absent students can go to them at any time. It came up on one of the popular lists (I think).
http://www.classnotesonline.com/

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

One of my favorite del.icio.us features is the transferability (is that a word?) of bookmarks as well. Sure helps with the whole, "It's on my home/work computer" thing! And isn't that the whole point of the world-wide web??!!